Wednesday, 15 February 2012

YouTube (Media Technologies)

Internet video is a powerful medium. Many millions of people around the world watch millions of videos online every day. This is a growing trend that music artists/bands should definitely embrace. Using video is yet another way to engage fans and communicate who you are and you you have to offer as a musician/band.

How it works...
Once you register for a youtube account, you can upload video clips of 15 minuets or less in a variety of formats. After completing the band’s promotional video on imovie, I clicked ‘share’ which immediately linked me straight to youtube. The site then converts them to a streaming format that people can view on the youtube site itself or embedded on other web sites. There is a lot of competition for attention on Youtube, but some videos rise to the top and are seen by millions of people.
Real Media For example ‘Justin Bieber’ a regular American 10 year old, regularly posted Youtube clips of him singing cover songs from current artist. Due to large amounts of fans ‘following’ and high reviews on how many people have watched his videos, he was found by current R&B artist ‘Usher’, he was impressed with his talent just from the Youtube videos, Justin was signed immediately.
After uploading the imovie clip to youtube, I was disappointed with the blurred footage that had been created through the upload. As I wanted the vintage effect through the video, I purposely wanted the camera footage to look quite old and not as clear and precise as music videos are these days. I also wanted the unedited look to the video, similar to Rizzle Kicks ‘Mumma do the Hump’ video.



No comments:

Post a Comment