Monday, 23 April 2012

How effectively are Main Product and Ancillary Task combined?



When creating and developing each of the three products in order to PROMOTE GoldBloom, I made sure that all three integrated well. I made sure that they all linked together through the use of continuity of repeated images of the band, for example the main image of the 'vignette' effect picture of the boys stood on a boat. I had used this specific image on the slideshow on the homepage of the website, and also on the digi-pak. The most important image that I wanted to convey is the band's logo of the 'Golden Sun'. I wanted the semiotic symbolism to be on every product so that the audience can recognise a symbolic image that links with GoldBloom. The logo was used on every page of the website, and was used on the digi-pak. And of course the album cover of 'Lavine Parine' was used on every page of the website, the front cover on the digi-pak, and was the last, memorable selling image on the promotional video. I had used the album cover on every product of merchandise that promoted the band, as it was the one thing that the viewers/fans could buyOnce the audience goes onto the website they can see the link between all three texts.


The use of colour is specifically noticeable on the website. Inspiration from current music band 'Mumford & Sons' enabled me to create a sophisticated colour scheme of Black, white, grey and yellow. For example the navigation bar was black, when hovered my the mouse turned yellow, which matched with connotations of the golden sun. The colour of the white boxes, which contained the majority of the information about the band was white to contrast against the black, making it clear for the viewer to see and read. The sepia toned, vintage effect used on all images and real footage of the band in their promo video, which was constant throughout all three products. I felt that once I had chosen the 'vintage' theme, it was important for me to stick with the theme in all visual images/video content of the band shown in the public eye.
Font's were not the main attraction in this project, as I wanted the images and colour scheme to steal the limelight. I used simple, 'Times' font on the website, promotional video and album cover, using a simple font also linked with the simplicity of the design on the website and album cover.  I also created a consistency of font throughout the Album Cover and Website, and it is simple and clear, again not distracting or taking away effect from the music itself.
Another link between website and video is the access to GoldBloom's song tracks which are accessible to be played on the website. This is a great way for a wider audience to acknowledge their music and a great way to sell more to a wider audience. The home page also has a link to be able to buy the album; also promoting the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment